Book Review: Write That Book Already!

In the spirit of NaNoWriMo, today's book should give you a kick in the pants. Write That Book Already! may inspire you to keep writing all month.

The best part? It's free on Kindle and Nook.

 I downloaded the book, and read through most of the chapters. They're short and to the point, so you'll be able to glean information quickly. As the cover indicates, there are quotes from famous authors, mainly in the appendix, where these authors mention their favorite books.
Here's a rundown of the chapters:

1-Why we write (and why you write, too)
2-You have a great idea. So what?
3-How to get started with the write stuff
4-Your manuscript: the basic rules of attraction
5-Finding an agent
6-Behind closed doors: will they buy your book?
7-You and your editor
8-Marketing and publicity: getting the word out
9-The pros and cons of self-publishing
10-For sale: bookstores, bookselling, and book groups
11-Long life: paperback and backlist
12-Conclusion: what's next?
Appendix I: Beloved books of famous authors
Appendix II: The life cycle of a book
Appendix III: Glossary of publishing terminology

Head over to download this book while it's free:

Now it's time to get back to my NaNoWriMo novel. Happy writing!


10 comments:

  1. Awesome--thank you!
    I'm not doing NaNo this year...so I decided to be an official NaNo cheerleader. :)
    So go back to writing! You can do it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for cheering us on, Faith!

    ~Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I found this yesterday and grabbed it. I'm in the middle of a memoir right now, but his looks like a good one to read.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you found it. I forget, do you have a Kindle, or read on your computer?

    ~Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, lady. Good review.

    So, I just got an ipad. . .I've never read a book on screen. Hmmm, maybe this should be my first.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks, Debbie. I don't have a Kindle but did download the Kindle app on my iPad. Am loving the Kindle app. It's dreamy. Thank you for adding to my Kindle app library with a book I can't wait to jump into. :-)

    Enjoy the rest of your week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amy: Load up that iPad! It's so nice to use the spare minutes in your day for reading--and to have lots of books to choose from.

    Janette: That's how I got hooked. I collected so many on my computer, and got tired of reading on a backlit screen, that I took the plunge. And everything gets transferred over automatically.

    Nancy: I hope you enjoy it!

    ~Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very interesting post. Thanks to share. Poker Day is the premier designer of unique poker t-shirts and accessories. The global love of poker, our designs, and being poker pro endorsed are what keep us going. See why players and enthusiast are often in our tees, accessories, and hoodie goodies. https://pokerday.us/

    ReplyDelete


  9. Thanks for sharing nice information with us. I like your post and all you share with us. custom printed boxes

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails