Book Review: The Writer's Workout: 366 Tips, Tasks, & Techniques From Your Writing Career Coach

Quick question: how many items on your personal Christmas list are not books? If you're like me, very few. Well, here's another book to add to your wish list.

Christina Katz, author of Writer Mama, Get Known Before the Book Deal, and Author Mama, has done it again. Check out The Writer's Workout: 366 Tips, Tasks, & Techniques From Your Writing Career Coach.

The nice thing about The Writer's Workout is that you don't have to read it all at once. You pick it up anytime and turn to an entry for the season you're currently in. Katz wants writers to grow their careers in a "natural, more authentic way". By spreading different areas throughout the year, writers don't feel pushed to do everything at once. I can see picking up the book and starting my day with one of the short workouts. 

In the spring, entries zero in on "get going". Summer centers on "find your stride". Fall's focus is "become recognizable". And as winter settles in, you'll "coach yourself". Check out a partial list of the table of contents for more details.




Could you use a personal pep talk every day of the next year?



6 comments:

  1. Oh, I like Christina K.
    And, yes, I've been intrigued by this book ... may just buy it for myself.
    LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. She's such a great encourager--something like you!

    ~Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a great guide! As for what I want for Christmas, just a lack of more bills to pay would be awesome. hehe

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hear you, Trisha! It's been an unusually tight Christmas for us, but it forces me to be creative. :)

    ~Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  5. She shares great information with writers. I'm not sure if I can sneak it on my list or not. So many books, so little time. The Kindle is helping me steal more reading time though.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've found the same thing, Stacy. If I have it in my purse, I can snatch odd moments to read. Of course, sometimes my kids or my husband steal it!

    ~Debbie

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails