12 Days of Christmas: Writing exercises from now to Christmas Eve

After long posts for the last two days, here's a nice short one. With the countdown to Christmas, it's easy to let busyness overtake writing time. It would help to have a small, but specific goal each day. That way you'll feel good that you accomplished something, but hopefully won't feel overwhelmed.

There are about two weeks left till the big day. Brian Klems over at Writer's Digest has put together a list of writing exercises for the next twelve days. I love number 2 and number 6, but my absolute favorite is number 8, because it encompasses my current manuscript.

Check out all twelve exercises on the 12-Day Plan page. Which ones look like the most fun for you? Do you have a way to keep yourself writing despite the holidays?

5 comments:

  1. Oh, they all look wonderful! I think I'm going to tackle this in the new year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun exercise; thanks for passing it along! It was good to see you at the Citadel last weekend, albeit briefly. Working the mural was great fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea, Sonia!

    Shannon, it was a blast working on it with you and getting to know you better. I headed from there to volunteer at a high school dinner, and they looked a little funny when they saw my colorful hands!

    ~Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love number 10 - I love to people watch, and listening it to the odd phrase for inspiration is so much fun

    ReplyDelete
  5. Me too. When I was in high school I rode the subway an hour each day. I came up with the best characters for my stories!

    ~Debbie

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails