Free Resources from Terry Whalin

Terry Whalin is a friend to writers. Why? He gives away so much valuable writing advice, from ebooks to webinars. Sure, he sells a couple of things, but the volume of free information is amazing.

Whalin has written over 50 non-fiction books, and is published in dozens of magazines. Past roles for him include acquisitions editor at a publishing house, and literary agent. Presently, Whalin is a publisher at Intermedia Publishing Group. His goal is to encourage writers of every level.

And he does.

Website. First off is Whalin's website, Right-Writing. There are separate pages for fiction writers, non-fiction writers,  freelance writers, and magazine writers. Each of these contains links to dozens of articles on every aspect of writing.

You'll also find pages on building a website, writing your own newsletter, and tips for creating a great website.

Newsletter. Whalin's newsletter, Right-Writing News is packed with information for writers who need to know how to be ready to market their work. Signing up for the free newsletter also nets you three of Whalin's ebooks.

Blog. I read Whalin's blog via email, and like his other resources, it's full of information I can use. Like his recent post, Running Into a Brick Wall With Your Writing, where he share how writers can turn rejection into opportunity. Since Whalin has been blogging since 2004, there's a lot of valuable tips in the archives.

Ebooks. On the website, you'll be able to download Whalin's free ebook, Straight Talk from the Editor: 18 Keys to a Rejection-Proof Submission. This book is packed with six keys why books are rejected, six keys to guarantee rejection, and six keys to gain an editor's attention. Thirty pages of great ideas.

I've  downloaded Whalin's free ebook, Book Proposals That Sell: 21 Secrets To Speed Your Success. You might also be interested in the free Platform Building Ideas for Every Author.

Twitter. If all that's not enough, Whalin shares links to even more resources via his Twitter account. I just downloaded a great free ebook this way.

I honestly don't know how the man has time to do everything he does, but I'm glad he does it. How about you?

2 comments:

  1. Debbie,

    Thank you for the kind words. Without a doubt I know my work stands on the things that I've learned from others (and I'm still learning) I'm glad to pass along those lessons to help others. It's the way I'm wired. The most thorough book that I've written about publishing is my latest Jumpstart Your Publishing Dreams.

    Your readers can get a free sample here.

    Again thanks for the kind words.

    Terry

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're very welcome, Terry. I've learned so much from your resources. Thank you for posting the link!

    ~Debbie

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails